Friday, July 10, 2009

No Safe Haven for Girls - Grow Up Men!

clipped from www.ipsnews.net
No Safe Haven for Ugandan Girls
KAMPALA, Jul 10 (IPS) - A year ago, a mother in Kashari County took the law into her own hands and castrated a man she caught raping her seven-year-old daughter.
Malita Kyomugisha returned from her farm and found her neighbor Tito Mugarura sexually assaulting her youngest daughter behind her house in Rugyerera village.

"When I reached the bush behind my house, I could not believe my eyes when I saw that old man on top of my youngest child. I was lucky that he was still naked. I used the knife I had in my garden basket to cut of his organ," she said.

But some of the teachers dismissed from government schools simply change districts or seek employment in private schools because their is no system to trace abusers.
 blog it

No comments: