Thursday, July 30, 2009

Commute Jason Getsy - Interview

An interview with Jason Getsy, scheduled to be executed in early August - Ohio. Parole Board has voted for clemency but Governor Strickland has not yet responded and prosecuting attorney's around the state are asking him to ignore parole board's recommendation.

If you want to sign a petition for him, go to http://www.change.org and plug Getsy into the search box.
clipped from www.vindy.com

Death-row inmate on victims’ family: ‘I love them’

COLUMBUS — The man scheduled to die next month for killing a Hubbard woman in a murder-for-hire scheme said he is at peace with his fate, whether that means execution or life in prison without parole.

“Even still if the governor doesn’t grant clemency, then I feel that the Lord wants me home,” Jason Getsy said during a death-row interview this week.

“And I am at peace with that because all of my trust is with him. You know, all of my faith and trust is in him. And if I were to get clemency, I’d feel like I have work to do, like maybe I have more work to do for him.”

 blog it

No comments: