Thursday, October 09, 2008

Unabomber Brother Speaks Out on Death Penalty

clipped from www.missoulian.com

Unabomber's brother, others say death penalty unfair
By TRISTAN SCOTT of the Missoulian

“If there was one thing that could have deterred me from turning in my brother, it would have been the death penalty,” says David Kaczynski, who tipped law enforcement off that he suspected the Unabomber was his brother Ted and now is executive director of New Yorkers Against the Death Penalty.
Photo by KURT WILSON/Missoulian

David Kaczynski says his efforts to abolish the death penalty were born of the same moral sense he had 12 years ago, when he first suspected his brother might be the person law enforcement called the Unabomber.

“My objective today is the same objective I had the day I turned my brother in,” Kaczynski said. “I don’t want there to be any more victims.”
 blog it
Post a Comment