Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Noa: Open letter to the wind

Noa: Open letter to the wind Israel, Gaza, Palestine



If we refuse to recognize each other’s rights and embrace our obligations, if we continue to each cling to his own narrative with contempt and disregard for that of the other, if we again and again choose swords over words, if we sanctify land and not the lives of our children, we shall soon be forced to truly seek a colony on the moon, for our land will be so drenched in blood and so cluttered with tomb stones there will be nothing left for the living.
I wrote these words, and sang them together with my friend Mira Awad. They stand truer than ever today:
“when I cry I cry for both of us,
My pain has no name.
When I cry, I cry to the merciless sky and say:
There must be another way
Noa, july 22, 2014

No comments: