Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Gaza girls flee shells in Shujaiyeh, killed in place deemed safer | Maan News Agency

Gaza girls flee shells in Shujaiyeh, killed in place deemed safer | Maan News Agency

A Palestinian couple from Shajaiyeh decided to leave their home several days ago and bring their family to central Gaza City, thinking it would be a safer place.

However, four sisters from the family were killed when their grandparents' home where they were taking refuge was hit by Israeli artillery shells.

"They fled the shelling in Shujaiyeh neighborhood, to their grandfather's house in Thalathini, but shells followed them there," the bereaved father said. 

"My daughters were playing on the roof of their grandfather's house when I was telling my wife on the phone that we should go back home," father Yasser al-Qassas said.

The call ended all of a sudden, he said. "When I redialed there was no answer."

"I telephoned one of my wife's brothers and he didn't answer either. A cousin of mine then answered my call to say that my daughters had been killed."

No comments: