Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Enroll By March 31: It's a Slam Dunk | National Women's Law Center

Enroll By March 31: It's a Slam Dunk | National Women's Law Center

Enroll By March 31: It's a Slam Dunk

I used to fill out a March Madness bracket as part of the office pool. I had no idea what I was doing. The first year, I had to ask my office mate what the numbers on the bracket meant. I took a chance though. I guessed what would happen. I always lost my dollar.
There are certain things we shouldn’t leave to chance. That includes our health. Guessing as to whether we will need health insurance means taking a chance on our health and our economic stability. If you guess that you don’t need health insurance, then what happens if you get in an accident on the basketball court? Arecent study found that, in 2012:
  • Over 8,000 people were hospitalized because of basketball injuries
  • Over half a million people were treated in the emergency room due to basketball injuries.
  • The average medical costs of treating a leg fracture, one of the most common injuries on the basketball court, are about $3,400. The average costs for an arm fracture are over $7,500.

No comments: