Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fear - the dark corner in this Afghan woman's mind and heart

Let's hope her brave poetry helps her and does not end up costing her, her life - as it could in her land.

Amplify’d from www.awwproject.org

Whenever…







Whenever the door of my heart begins to open

Something closes it with fear.

Whenever I try to fly free and high

Something covers my wings before I can try.

Whenever it is time to speak up

Something seizes my words.

Whenever the past is about to be forgotten

Something reminds me of it over and over.

Whenever I can take a step forward

Something pulls me in reverse.

Whenever I can try a new endeavor

Something draws me back to the old.

Whenever I have a new idea

Something destroys it to the marrow.

Whenever my accomplishments blossom

Something keeps them captured.

Whenever more can be written

Something prevents me to continue.

Whenever I say enough is enough

Something says it will never be enough.

When will I find out what this

Something is?


by Meena Z.

See more at www.awwproject.org
 

No comments: