Monday, March 01, 2010

Public gun toters with attitude getting caffinated at Starbucks - that's scary

People carrying guns strapped on while they go shopping or for coffee is kind of humorous - but when that someone has a political agenda and an "attitude" -- now that's scary - sort of reminds me of people who fly airplanes into buildings, or blows up buildings in Oklahoma City.
clipped from www.nytimes.com
Taking the 2nd Amendment Out for a Soy Latte


Dale Welch recently walked into a Starbucks in Virginia, handgun strapped to his waist, and ordered a banana Frappuccino with a cinnamon bun. He says the firearm drew a double-take from at least one customer, but not a peep from the baristas.


Mr. Welch, a 71-year-old retired property manager who lives in Richmond, Va., does not see any reason he should not bear arms while he gets caffeinated.


“I don’t know of anybody who would provide me with defense other than myself, so I routinely as a way of life carry a weapon — and that extends to my coffee shops,” he said.

 blog it

No comments: