Monday, January 11, 2010

Mimi: I voted for this but...

You don't need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing

I voted on the premise of transitional change. I wanted a shaking up of the status quo; and while I know that does not happen overnight nor am I privy to what goes into his decision-making, I did not expect the wind to swing first in the other direction so brutally.

I did not expect to be discouraged in the first quarter of the game.
Politics as usual in Washington has become politics as usual in Washington. Again.
We are STILL in Iraq.
We are sending another nightmare to Afghanistan.
Nobody can find a job.
We have spent enough money on this useless war to feed and clothe half the children in Darfur.
Trillion dollar debt? Trillion?
Did I mention we are still in Iraq?

I don't care what the financial wizards say about the state of the economy or the rise and fall of inflation - the price of everything has increased
Except peace.

And that should be the highest priority of all.
 blog it

No comments: