Friday, February 25, 2011

Got a scary medical diagnosis? Is it real or is it the one making money?

Too crass a description? Read this story by a nationally known writer about healthcare and how she found that she probably got treatment for more than 25 years for something she may not have really had!

Amplify’d from www.healthbeatblog.com

Guess Who Has Been Over-Treated For More Than Twenty Five Years?

When I was in my twenties, I was diagnosed with glaucoma
A friend recommended an ophthalmologist who, I was told, was one of the best in the city.
Over a period of years, I saw Dr. X regularly, and continued to use the eye drops, morning and night.
Ultimately a friend who is an M.D. recommended a new ophthalmologist, a young man from India
Dr.Z asked
“What makes you think you have glaucoma?”
I’ll report back and let you know what happens. But at this point, I’m fairly certain that I don’t have glaucoma.
Read more at www.healthbeatblog.com
 

No comments: