Monday, September 27, 2010

Biking 211 miles - Cleveland to Niagara Falls and Back

Katie rowed from Africa to South America - no problema - Go Katie go!

Amplify’d from rowforwater.com

Biking to the Border and Beyond

As you might already know, last week I was donated an amazing new bike. And this weekend I just had to test it out on a long ride. 211-mile long ride, to be exact.

It was a great ride passing through vineyard after vineyard in sleepy towns of Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York.
About to cycle over the Peace Bridge to Canada
Katie runs through the Mojave desert

Each town I rode through seem confused by my lyrcaed-suited presence. I met many new people along the way interested to know my mission.


Conversations went a little like this:


Curious person: “Where are you from?”


Me: “Cleveland area”


Curious person: “Where are you going?”


Me: “Niagara Falls”


Curious person: “How many days will that take?”


Me: Uh, one.

Read more at rowforwater.com
 

No comments: