Thursday, September 23, 2010

An Afghan daughter at her mother's grave

Sometimes, sometimes, all you have is a poem, a song, or a brief memory but no tears.

Amplify’d from www.awwproject.org

Today I Want To Cry







I want to laugh

But with whom?

Today I want to give a gift

But to whom?

Today is the day I should celebrate

Where is she?


Today is the day I should put the world at her feet

Drop hundreds of flowers on her path

Today is the day I should put heaven under her feet

Give her all the happiness in the world

This is the day I should put a smile on her face

But how?


Today is the day that I should be with her

I cannot

I am with myself

Alone

With just my tears and her dust


Today is the day I sit with her memory

I kiss her hands,

They are full of my tears… as I sit at her grave


Today is Mother’s Day

She can’t hear me say

Happy Mother’s Day


By Shogofa

See more at www.awwproject.org
 

No comments: